ESOS is a mandatory energy assessment scheme that must be carried out every 4 years for all UK organisations that qualify. If you qualify for ESOS, but your organisation is not fully covered by ISO 50001, you will be required to carry out an ESOS assessment.
You must comply if you are an organisation operating in the UK with:
- 250 or more employees or
- Fewer than 250 employees but an annual turnover and balance sheet exceeding €50m and €43m, respectively.
The Environment Agency can impose fines of up to £235,000, if by the 5th December 2019, you have not notified them that you have undertaken an ESOS assessment. You will need to undertake an analysis of your annual energy consumption as it relates to buildings, transport and industrial processes.
An approved ESOS Lead Assessor also, is required to sign off all energy audits and ESOS Evidence Pack.
As part of our ESOS compliant surveys, we can offer services to:
- Undertake the required audits by our team of CIBSE accredited ESOS Lead Assessors (L.A’s)
- Calculate your total energy consumption.
- Quantify the annual energy consumption within the buildings, industrial processes and use of transport.
- Identify opportunities for energy reductions and savings with payback time calculations.
- Produce ESOS compliant evidence packs signed off by CIBSE accredited ESOS L.A’s.
Our team of experienced ESOS accredited Lead Assessors will tailor our service to work with the individual needs of each client.
We have experience delivering from Phase 1 of ESOS, dealing with clients from various sectors including those in finance retail, consultancy, industrial and transport.
We can help companies to notify ESOS compliance online and provide support in the event of an Environment Agency Audit.